Technique - £35
stated, the Bowen Technique allows the body to reset
and heal itself. A Bowen treatment consists of a
series of gentle moves on skin (or through light
clothing); with the client usually lying on a treatment
couch. A treatment session usually lasts an hour.
Bowen Technique balances and stimulates energy flows,
resulting in a deep sense of overall relaxation.
The restorative process begins once the body is
relaxed, and continues as the body is allowed to
recharge and balance itself.
Technique can also be extremely effective for muscular-skeletal
problems such as back pain, sports injuries and
many other ailments and discomforts.
are many theories as to how the Bowen Technique
works, but none that completely explain its holistic
effect and often outstanding results.
body is a highly complex unit dependent upon the
balance of all its aspects. Whilst the orthodox
medical profession still tend to take a symptomatic
view of disease, Bowen is truly holistic in its
approach. One Bowen move may address the entire
system producing maximum results with minimal intervention.
Unlike some other hands-on disciplines, the Bowen
Technique does not impose a particular approach
on the client. Instead, it encourages a gentle response
which empowers the body's own resources to heal
itself. Bowen moves are, in themselves, a study
in delicacy, being light, gentle and very precise.
Frequent pauses between moves give the body time
to respond and benefit.
Bowen Therapy is safe to use on anyone, from newborn
babies to the elderly.
• Bowen can address many conditions from sports
injuries to chronic and/or organic complaints.
• There is no vigorous manipulation used with
• The gentle moves stimulate energy flows,
empowering the body's own natural resources to heal
• Bowen improves joint mobility and clears
the body of debris, balancing cellular physiology
and tissue integrity.
• Utilising Bowen Therapy produces an integrated
body response, thereby improving circulation, lymphatic
and venous drainage, and helping assimilate nutrients
and eliminate toxins.
• Bowen facilitates improvement of a broad
range of conditions, and balances the body's energy
to create homeostasis at the cellular level.
• This technique allows the body to re-pattern
energy fields to address physical, mental and emotional
• Substantial relief is frequently achieved
after only one session.
• The precise location of each Bowen move
correlates markedly with the latest research on
the meridian energy system, acupoints and trigger
• Certified Practitioners of Bowen stringently
adhere to a professional code of ethics.
Bowen may be able to address include:
• Asthma and other respiratory problems
• Bells Palsy
• Constipation and diarrhoea
• Digestive upsets
• Ear aches and infections
• Foot problems (plantar fascitis, bunions)
• Frozen shoulder
• Headaches (migraine, sinus) - Hernia and
heartburn- Kidney and bladder disorders including
• Knee and hip restrictions
• Menstrual and other female problems
• Pelvic (tilt, leg length, hip imbalance)
• Repetitive stress injury (RSI)
• Skeletal and muscular problems from lumbar
• TMJ and grinding of the teeth
18 North Road
Tel: 01744 755 702
Tue – Fri 10am – 8pm
Sat 10am – 4pm